As part of our mission to spread the love of ballroom dancing to the University of Minnesota campus and the greater community, we have many events to raise awareness. Since we are a University of Minnesota Sport Club, we depend on fundraising to keep our dues low and to put on awesome events for our members. If you are interested in helping out at our events or have fundraising opportunities for us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for people interested in helping at a contact table and handing out flyers to the freshman class. All 5,500 of them walk around looking at all the student groups, so we would love upbeat and happy people to talk to freshmen and tell them why they should come to ballroom.
- Welcome Week (8/30) Jackson Fossen (email@example.com)
- First week of classes (9/4) Jessica Doro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Second week of classes (9/11) Alexzandra Engar (email@example.com)
- Six weeks into classes (10/9) Kaylee Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Half way through (10/23 or 10/30) Uzo Wamuo (email@example.com)
- 1st Week of Class: TBD
- 2nd Week of Class: Nicola Beilman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 3rd Week of Class: TBD
- 4th Week of Class:Uzo Wamuo (email@example.com)
This is easily our biggest marketing event of the year, so we'd really appreciate it if we can get some volunteers to help make sure it runs smoothly! Even if you don't have time to volunteer, we'd still love it if people would try to attend this event, as it helps to show potential members how much fun we have at club.
Minnesota Ballroom Blast is low-stress, feedback-based, and designed to:
- Provide social dancers and competitors alike with meaningful feedback from professionals they might not otherwise have access to
- Introduce beginners to the general format of a competition in a low-chaos environment
- Provide a preparatory event for those looking to compete
- Allow couples to experiment with new choreography and costuming
All day, dancers perform ballroom and latin dances in the format of a dance competition and receive feedback from experienced ballroom professionals.
Halloween Dance- Costumes Encouraged!
Come to the evening session of Minnesota Ballroom Blast and enjoy a wonderful evening of social dancing. In addition to the opportunity to dance with many participants from around the Upper Midwest, there will be food, games, merriment, and a showcase of national championship-level talent. To top off a wonderful evening, a costume contest will be held with prizes in various categories. Don't miss out!